Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Donor Bike!

Hey! I hope your weeks(the last two) have been way better than mine in the fun department. I've spent way too much time working on projects which turned out nicely. Since school is in high gear, I've had to step away from working on Gretta...well for the most part. However I did hint at getting a lot of things we needed thanks to the powers of Craigslist. Get prepared to be amazed.

G and I have really made it our goal to make this bicycle look good on a budget. I didn't want to spend a lot of money fixing up Gretta just in case I find out that I don't want to be a bicycler. When it came time to look for tires, rims, and hubs(for coaster brakes), it soon became obviously to us that it was going to be get super costly if we weren't careful. G and I had talked about our options, and G mentioned Craigslist. Of course, Craigslist to the rescue right? After a day or so of searching and sending awkward e-mails and calling people, we found a bike. We didn't dare tell the girl who was selling it that it was going to be a donor bike. Craigslist dealings are always weird and this one was no exception. We didn't get kidnapped or anything and made it back to G's dad's with the bike. Wanna see what we had to work with? Of course you guys do!
Look at that glorious bike! I'm only kidding. I wasn't really in love with that bike but it had a coaster brake, white wall tires, and rims we needed. It wasn't a bad deal.

I know this was a short entry, but Get ready for the next one where we're going to talk about how your girl is now a fabricator. At least 75% of a fabricator. Oh and there might be a few update pictures because G and I did sneak a little time in last weekend to work on the bike. Until then Keep the bike ridin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment