Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Where You From?

Hey Guys and Dolls! I hope you're all having a super sweet week! Things are getting a little stressful with school being almost done (only a few more weeks), but I'm surviving. I'm super excited for this blog entry though because it's all about finding out about Gretta's history.

One of the cool things I learned during this process was what the serial number that Schwinn put on their bikes tells about them. The placement of the serial number can tell you about the era/where the bicycle was assembled. I found my serial number on the headtube near the bottom of it where the forks come out. Originally I didn't know what it meant so I sought out information on the internet.  I soon learned that this meant that my bike was built in Chicago, What up CHI TOWN?!, and that the bike was probably from 1970 to 1979. I then learned that in the serial number the letters can tell you what year and month your bike was made. My first two letters were EP. So Gretta came into this world in May of 1978. How neat is that? I love knowing these things.

I can only imagine what Gretta's previous owners did with her and the life that she's gotten to lead thus far. Hopefully she enjoys her new make over and life with me.

Keep your eyes open guys! I've got exciting news about parts acquisitions! G and I are planning on getting down to work this weekend, and we're definitely bringing the camera along. Until next time, Keep the Bike Ridin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment